To all Unity Players and Families
I would first like to thank all of you for your understanding as we continue to go through this difficult time. I am writing to emphasize the importance of the processes we have put in place and to make sure that everyone has received this information. We must ensure that if your team has been quarantined due to a positive Covid result you MUST stay home and out of the gym until the team quarantine period is completed. This means that you cannot participate in open gym time or ANY gym activiy while your team is quarantining. I know you all want to play but this policy will keep us from having to quarantine other teams and will keep other players, staff, and coaches safe at the same time.
Masks are required during any open gym time, practices, or other gym activity. Please make sure you are following this policy along with social distancing measures whenever possible. Baskets with disinfecting spray and hand sanitizer are available on site for you to use at all times. Masks are also available onsite and will be given to anyone who arrives without one of their own.
Currently, we are keeping teams from scrimmaging each other during practice nights. We are working on a game schedule for Wednesday nights with other local clubs. Wednesday night scrimmages will adhere to the ONE SPECTATOR POLICY below. Spectators will be given a lanyard to wear. These will be given out to the players on game nights. Please be sure to wear them at all times so we can identify you as your player’s spectator.
The longer we follow these guidelines and policies the longer we can keep player while ensuring the safety of our players, staff, and coaches at the same time. Our COVID POLICY – outlined below – are above and beyond what other clubs are putting in place. We take the health and safety of our Unity families very seriously.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you test positive, it is your responsibility to follow our policies and guidelines as well as local guidelines as they pertain to notifying those who you have come into CLOSE CONTACT with. Unity is not connected to any of our local school districts and will not be responsible for notifying them of a positive Covid case. That is your individual responsibility.
Thank you all so much for helping and doing all this to keep all these players playing. Feel free to reach out to your coach or to me directly if you have any questions at all.
774-454-7682 | email@example.com
Coach Turner will take over the Covid list we maintain and that are quarantining as well as the dates they can come back. Please remember if your athlete tests positive we will need a doctor’s note or a negative test result for them to come back. Below are the policies that were sent out last week…
- Any coach or player that informs Unity of “close contact” with a Covid positive person will be asked to quarantine for 7 – 10 days. If the player remains asymptomatic after the recommended quarantine period they will be allowed to return to play
- If a coach or player test POSITIVE for Covid the entire team will be asked to quarantine for 7 – 10 days.
- Before returning to play, that player must bring a negative test result or a note from a doctor letting us know they are cleared.
- If a player is not feeling well or is displaying any symptoms at all – please notify your coach and stay home.
- Volleyballs will now be COURT SPECIFIC and will be disinfected at regular intervals.
- All Covid notifications will be sent out via TEAM APP.
- Everyone entering the gym will be required to check via QR Code in for contact tracing and will have their temperature checked.
- Masks are required at all times.
- We will strictly follow the ONE PARENT/GUARDIAN spectator rule on all game/scrimmage days.
- Please remember to remain on your designated side of the court – HOME SPECTATORS on one side | AWAY SPECTATORS on the other side. NO SWITCHING.
The harder we work at being vigilant about these periodicals the longer we can all keep safely playing.
NOTE: Parents and players must get signed up for Team App as soon as possible. This is where any and all Covid quarantine information will be posted.